Folcomer Equipment Corporation is a leader in the construction equipment industry and we’re always looking for highly skilled people with a background in construction equipment to add to our growing team in Maryland and Delaware.
We offer one of the most competitive benefits plans in our industry, including a generous health savings account and 401(k) plan with employer contributions. Additionally, many of our employees have worked for us for more than 10 years, whereas the industry average is closer to 3 years. Our employees receive numerous hours of training each year to keep their skills fresh in their respective jobs.
Opportunities are currently available for mechanics and outside salespeople:
Mechanics: The successful candidate will have experience with diesel engines and heavy construction equipment diagnostics and repairs. Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills and have basic computer skills. This position requires lifting of up to 50 pounds.
· Performs maintenance and repair activities on various makes and models of heavy equipment including backhoes, excavators, skid steers, wheel loaders, stump grinders and chippers, dozers and other types of construction equipment.
· Diagnoses, services and repairs various systems, including electrical, hydraulic and engines of heavy equipment.
· Troubleshoots malfunctions in the equipment by diagnosing problems, disassembling units, repairing or replacing parts, and reassembling the machine.
· Maintains service logs and records of work completed on all units.
· Keeps tools, equipment and work area clean, organized and in good working condition.
Minimal credentials and skills required:
· Experience with diesel engine and heavy construction equipment diagnostics and repairs.
· Must be able to diagnose and perform appropriate repairs on engines, hydraulics and electrical systems in various makes and models of equipment.
Outside sales: The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of various types of construction equipment, including, but not limited to loader backhoes, skid steers, excavators, track machines, wheel loaders, dozers, compaction equipment and articulated trucks. We are only able to consider candidates who have sales experience in construction equipment (or a related field)!
· Visiting existing customers to identify their current and future equipment needs and increasing sales with these existing customers
· Introducing new products/models to customers through demonstrations
· Identifying and contacting new customers through telephone, e-mail and in-person visits to job sites and contractors’ offices
· Serving as a representative of the company at industry events and tradeshows
· Working with the store manager and rental manager to increase the total amount of rental sales each month
· Working with customers to convert their rentals to rent-to-own purchases
For more information on these positions, please contact Amanda Haddaway at 301-682-4441 or via email at email@example.com. You may also visit one of our stores and complete an application.